We’ve been commissioned by a Kent based digital media agency to develop a new WordPress plugin that synchronises data from a FileMaker database server API to a chosen WordPress custom post type.
The finished plugin has a custom settings panel that allows the WordPress administrator to …
- Configure the FileMaker server and authentication details
- Choose one or more FileMaker layouts
- Choose which Custom Post Type in which to import the data
- Choose FileMaker layout fields for Post Title, Featured Image, Post Content, Post Excerpt, Tags, Categories and any other Custom Taxonomy
- Use shortcodes to display the data
- Store portal data as serialised meta data
- Import images and files into the media library and attach them to the relevant post
There are plans to further develop the plugin to be able to import different layouts to different custom post types.